close menu
This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.

Town Court & Justices

The Justice presides over cases such as vehicle & traffic tickets, conservation tickets, small claims matters and landlord tenant disputes, theft, disorderly conduct, criminal, and they also perform civil marriages.

This is a very busy department in the Town. The Justice is on call 24/7 and is often called in the middle of the night to arraign defendants who have been arrested by the state and local law enforcement agencies.

The Court is secured by a peace officer and/or a walk through and hand held metal detector/screening. All persons entering the Courtroom must sign in with the officer prior to being seated. All Court sessions are digitally recorded.

Court sessions begin with the Judge hearing all traffic, criminal and summary proceeding/civil cases. After the regular session, the small claims and traffic trial are heard. Other special hearings are scheduled throughout the week according to Judge, Prosecutor, and Attorney availability and State mandated time schedules.

Town Justices:

  • Hon. Lorry King
  • Hon. Craig W. Cherry

Justice Court Clerk:

Anna Seniw

Court Clerk Hours:

Wednesdays:  9:00am - 3:00pm

Court Address:

1054 Proctor Road
PO Box 226
Glen Spey, NY 12737

(845) 856-8600, ext. 1

Town of Lumberland Court Hours (except Holidays)

Hon. Lorry King: Tuesdays at 7:00pm
Hon. Craig Cherry:
Second and Third Tuesday of the Month at 7:00pm, First and Fourth Wednesday of the month at 10:00am
District Attorney: 2nd Tuesday of the month (except Holidays)
Assistant ADA: (845)794-3344
Town Special Prosecutor Attorney: 3rd Tuesday of the month (except Holidays)
Mr. Scott Russell: (845) 741-3331
Town Attorney: 3rd Tuesday of the month (except Holidays)
Weather Closures

posted on and the local FM radio stations Thunder 102 and WSUL.

Fines & Fees:

All fines are assessed by the Judge.
Surcharges are mandated by the State of New York (Varies per degree of offense)
All Suspension Lifts are $70.00

Small Claims:

Up to $1,000.00 File Fee: $10.00 between $1,000.00 and $3,000.00 (Limit) File Fee $15.00.
Please Note: For the filing of Small Claims the individual(s) being taken to court must live within the Town of Lumberland and the paperwork to file must be picked up in person.
Summary Proceeding/Evictions, Civil: $20.00 File Fee
We Accept: Cash, Money Order, Certified Check, Visa and Master Card
(This office does not accept personal checks)

Frequently Asked Questions

I received a ticket in the Town of Lumberland…what can I do?
If you have received a traffic ticket from the local police/constable, Sheriff department or State Police, and it is NOT a misdemeanor, you may mail it within 24 hrs with your plea, or you may make a personal appearance on a Tuesday evening on or before the date written on your ticket.

You Can Mail Your Ticket Or Fine To The Following Address:

Lumberland Court
PO Box 226
1054 Proctor Road
Glen Spey, NY 12737
I received or was served a summons…what do I do now?

If you have received a summons by mail or in person, you must appear on that date and time. All court proceedings start at 7:00 PM unless notified by the Court.

I received a traffic ticket, is it possible to speak with the officer prior to trial?

If you wish to speak to the officer prior to trial, you must enter a not guilty plea in writing or appear in person on or before the date on your ticket. At that time, the Court will arrange a date and time for you to have a pre trial conference with the officer or special prosecutor. You will be required to provide a certified copy of your driving record at that time. If a disposition can’t be reached, you will be scheduled for a Trial date.

I want to file a small claim…where do I start?

If you have a small claim issue, you may call the Court Clerk during her normal house for information on filing your claim. The Court Clerk will review your information and help you fill out the forms. A date and time will be set and both parties will be required to appear.

Where do I obtain a drivers record or abstract?

You may obtain your drivers record/abstract by going to your local Department of Motor Vehicles Office. The cost is $7.00 or you may apply online at

Can I pay my fine online?
Not at this time. All credit card payments must be made in person, during normal Court Clerk hours.

See County and Supreme Court information.